M.D. 1995, Ph.D. 2004
Residency: Epidemiology and Public Health
Head of Department
Health policy, Public health
- B.A. 1992 - 95 - Tel Aviv University- Philosophy, Magna cum Laude
- M.D. 1988 - 95 - Tel Aviv University - Medical School Prof. Nechama Linder Thesis Title: Thyroid Function in Preterm: The Influence of Iodine Containing Disinfectants
- Ph.D. 1997 - 2004 - Tel Aviv University – History of Science Prof. Allan Brandt (Harvard University), Prof. Eva Jablonka, Dr. Moshe Zuckerman Thesis Title: Framing Scientific Medicine: The Relationship between Homeopathy and Conventional Medicine in the US, 1870-1930
- M.P.H - 2001-2005 - Ben Gurion University, Epidemiology (Health System Management Track) Prof. Lechaim Naggan, Prof. Shifra Shvarts Thesis Title: Health status and Patterns of Use of Health Services among Recent Immigrants from the Former Soviet Union and Ethiopia Residency in Public Health - 2000 - 2005 – Epidemiology Section, Israeli Defense Forces
- Environmental Health Policy, Health and Immigration, Vaccination Policy and Resistance to Vaccination, Public Health Ethics, STD epidemiology and prevention, Social and historical aspects of Complementary and Alternative medicine in the US and Israel
- Health policy (main topics: health inequalities, immigration)
- Public Health (main topics: infectious diseases, environmental health)
- Public health ethics
Major expertise and techniques in the lab
- Social epidemiology, environmental epidemiology
- Qualitative methods
Publications and funding summary / representative publications and grants
- Davidovitch, N. PI, and R. Zalashik. PI 2011. Gender and Mental Health. Iyunim Bitkumat Israel, Thematic Series - Gender in Israel; 2: 306-335 [in Hebrew].
- Davidovitch, N. PI, Levine, H PI. and S. Rishpon C. 2011. Preventing Mumps Outbreaks in Confined Settings. Human Vaccines; 7: 1-5. (8 citations; IF 3.643; 36/165; Q1).
- Vashitz, G. PI, Davidovitch, N. PI and J.S. Pliskin. PI 2011. Second Medical Opinions. Harefuah; 150: 105-110, 207 [in Hebrew]. (5 citations)
- Gottlieb, N. S, Filc, D. PI and N. Davidovitch. PI 2012. Humanitarian Practices vs. Human Rights Advocacy: The Case of the Israeli Open Clinic. Social Science and Medicine; 74: 839-845. (10 citations; IF 2.558; 41/162; Q1).
- Negev, M. PI, Davidovitch, N. PI, Levine, H., Bhatia C, R. and J. Mindell C. 2012. Integration of Health and Environment through Health Impact Assessment: Cases from Three Continents. Environmental Research; 114: 60-7. (6 citations; IF 3.951; 21/216; Q1).
- Muhsen, KS., Abed El-Hai, R., Amit-Aharon, A., Nehama, H., Gondia, M., Davidovitch C, N., Goren, S. and D. Cohen PI. 2012. Risk Factors of Underutilization of Childhood Immunizations in Ultraorthodox Jewish Communities in Israel despite High Access to Health Care Services. Vaccine; 30:2109-15. (14 citations; IF 3.485; 53/144; Q2).
- Vashitz, G. PI, Pliskin, J.S. PI, Parmet, Y., Kosashvili, Y C., Ifergane, G, Wientroub, S C. and N. Davidovitch. PI 2012. Do First Opinions Affect Second Opinions? Journal of General Internal Medicine; 27: 1265-71. (3 citations; IF 3.423; 11/86; Q1).
- Greenfield, G. PI, Pliskin, J.S. PI, Feder-Bubis, P C., Wientroub, S C. and N. Davidovitch. PI 2012. Patient-Physician Relationships in Second Opinion Encounters - The Physicians' Perspective. Social Science and Medicine; 75: 1202-12. (6 citation; IF 2.558; 41/162; Q1).
- Zalashik, R. PI and N. Davidovitch. PI 2012. Bioethics in the Shadow of the Holocaust: A Comparative Perspective. Theory and Criticism; 40 (in Hebrew).
- Levine, H. PI, Balicer, R.D., Rozhavski, V., Halperin, T., Shreberk, M., Davidovitch, N C., Huerta-Hartal, M. and O.E. Ankol. 2012. Seroepidemiology of Epstein-Barr virus and Cytomegalovirus among Israeli Male Young Adults. Annals of Epidemiology; 22: 783-8. (4 citations; IF 2.145; 55/162; Q2).
- Greenfield, G. PI, Pliskin, J.S. PI, Wientroub, S. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2012. Orthopedic surgeons' and neurologists' attitudes towards second opinions in the Israeli healthcare system: A qualitative study. Israeli Journal of Health Policy Research; 1:30. (3 citations; IF 1.25; 46/70; Q3).
- Levine, H. PI, Ankol, O., Davidovitch, N C., Aboudy, Y., Zarka, S. and R. Balicer. 2012. Rubella seroprevalence in the first birth cohort reaching fertility age after 20 years of two dose universal vaccination policy in Israel. Vaccine; 30: 7260-4. (1 citations; IF 3.485; 53/144; Q2).
- Davidovitch, N PI. and R. Zalashik. 2012. Health, Race and Nation Building: The Case of Mass Ringworm Irradiation in Israel. Korot; 21: 121-136.
- Negev, M. PI, Davidovitch, N. PI, Garb, Y PI. and A. Tal C. 2013. Stakeholder Participation in Health Impact Assessment: A Multicultural Approach. Environmental Impact Assessment Review; 43: 112-120. (1 citations; IF 2.046; 20/98; Q1).
- Kranzler, YS., Davidovich, N. PI, Fleischman, Y., Grotto, I. and R. Weinstein. 2013. A Health in all Policies Approach to Promote Active, Healthy Lifestyle in Israel. Israel Journal of Health Policy Research; 2. (8 citations; IF 1.25; 46/70; Q3).
- Davidovitch, N PI., Filc, D. PI, Novack, L C. and R.D. Balicer C. 2013. Immigrating to a Universal Health Care System: Utilization of Hospital Services by Immigrants in Israel. Health & Place; 20: 8-13. (5 citation; IF 2.435; 24/143; Q1).
- Rais, AS., Zarka, S., Derazne, E., Tzur, D., Davidovitch, N C., Carel, R. and H. Levine PI. 2013. Varicocoele among 1,300,000 Israeli Adolescent Males: Time Trends and Association with Body Mass Index. Andrology; 1-7. (2 citations; 7/7: Q4).
- Dopelt, K. PI, Urkin, Y., Bachner, Y C. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2014. Reducing Health Disparities: The Social Role of Medical Schools. Medical Teacher; 36: 511-517. (2 citations; IF 2.045; 7/36; Q1).
- Yamin, DS., Gavious A PI, Solnik E, Davidovitch, N C., Balicer RD, Galvani AP, and J.S. Pliskin. 2014. An Innovative Influenza Vaccination Policy: Targeting Last Season's Patients. PLOS Computational Biology; 10 (5):e1003643. (1 citations; IF 4.829; 10/78: Q1)
- Dopelt, K PI., Yahav, Z., Urkin, J., Bachner, Y C. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2014. The social role of the faculties of medicine: physicians' perception of the dominant orientation of their medical studies and social involvement. Harefuah; 153(2): 78-91. (1 citation).
- Nakash, O PI., Langer B., Nagara, M. Shoham, S., Lurie, I. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2014. Exposure to traumatic experiences among asylum seekers from Eritrea and Sudan during migration to Israel. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. (0 citations; IF 1.58; 174/472; Q2)
- Yamin, DS., Gavious, A., Davidovitch, N C. and J.P. Pliskin. 2014. Role of Intervention Programs to Increase Influenza Vaccination in Israel. Israel Journal of Health Policy Research; 25;3:13. (1 citation; IF 1.25; 46/70; Q3).
- Filc, D PI., Ziv, H C. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2014. Palestinian Prisoners’ Hunger Strikes in Israeli Prisons: Beyond the Dual Loyalty Dilemma in Medical Practice and Patient Care. Public Health Ethics. doi:10.1093/phe/phu021. (1 citations; IF 1.269; 13/50; Q2)
- Filc, D PI., Davidovitch, N PI. and L. Novack C. 2014. Is socioeconomic status associated with utilization of health care services in a single-payer universal health care system? International Journal for Equity in Health. (0 citations; IF 1.824; 50/217; Q1)
- Filc, D PI. and N. Davidovitch PI. 2014. Beyond "New Humanitarianism": The Physicians for Human Rights-Israel’s Mobile Clinic and Open Clinic on the Interface of Social Justice, Human Rights and Medical Relief. Journal of Human Rights Practice. (0 citations; IF 0.824 391/902; Q2).
- Mor, Z. PI, Parfionov, K. C, Davidovitch, N PI. and I. Grotto C. 2014. Gym exercising patterns, lifestyle and high-risk sexual behaviour in men who have sex with men and in heterosexual men. BMJ Open; 4(11):e005205. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-005205. (1 citations; IF 2.063; 43/156; Q2).
- Levine, H. PI, Zarka, S., Ankol, OE, Davidovitch N C, Balicer RD PI. 2015. Seroprevalence of measles, mumps and rubella among young adults, after 20 years of universal two-dose MMR vaccination in Israel. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, 11, 6 (0 citations, IF 3.643; 36/165; Q1).
- Mor, Z. PI, Eick, U. PI, Wagner Kolasko, G. C, Makadon, H. and Davidovitch, N PI. 2015. Health Status, Behavior, and Care of Lesbian and Bisexual Women in Israel. Journal of Sexual Medicine; DOI: 10.1111/jsm.12850 (0 citations, IF 3.15; 16/77; Q1).
- Avni, S. C, Filc, D. PI, Davidovitch, N. PI. 2015. The Israeli Medical Association's discourse on health inequity, Social Science and Medicine; 144: 119-126 (0 citations, IF 2.558; 41/162; Q1)
- Yitshak-Sade, M. S, Davidovitch, N. PI, Novack, L. PI, Grotto, I. 2015. Ethnicity and Immunization Coverage among Schools in Israel. Ethnicity & health, 1-13 (0 citations, IF 1.667; 22/689; Q1)
- Filc, D. PI, Davidovich, N. PI, Gottlieb, N. C. 2015. A Republican Egalitarian Approach to Bioethics. International Journal of Health Services, (0 citations, IF 0.881; 73/88; Q4)
- Fleishman, Y. PI, Willen, S. PI, Davidovich, N. PI, 2015. Migration as a Social Determinant of Health for Irregular Migrants: Israel as Case Study. Social Science and Medicine (0 citations, IF 2.558; 41/162; Q1)
- Vered OS, Simon-Tuval PI, Yagupsky CI, Malul M, Cicurel A, Davidovitch N PI, PLoS One. 2015 Dec 15;10(12) (0 citations, IF 3.23; Q1)
- Dani Filc - Health, space, occupation and health
- Joseph Plishkin, Gev Vashitz - Medical second opinion consultations
Suggested multi-disciplinary research project / research focus topics
- Agriculture workers exposure to pesticides
- Brucellosis control in the Negev